Our team of financial service professionals have come together over the years after working for many years at larger organizations. The frustrations of working at these organizations eventually lead to all of us deciding to go to independent, but partnering together with our specific specialties to deliver client objective solutions with an eye on keeping fees below industry averages. Some of our partners have been in business for over 50 years and some have been in business for a year. But, to be a member of our partnership group requires every adviser’s strict adherence to our philosophy …”the clients interests are first…period”. We know from experience, if you take care of the client first, everything else will take care of itself.
Please take a look at our site to learn more about Premier Fiduciary Services, which is just one company in this group of retirement plan specialists. Be sure to take our link to Broker Dealers’ website, Nicol Investment Corporation to learn more about our team’s philosophy, client service approach, multiple awards and our unique simplistic approach to helping our clients achieve financial independence.
What Our Designations Mean to You
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF – these are individuals that are formally recognized by the Center for Fiduciary Studies for demonstrating a full understanding of how to implement those processes to help institutional clients fulfill their fiduciary obligations. A client benefits from using the expertise of an advisor with the AIF designation because the advisor will be held to a standard of excellence to which other may not adhere. Designess must also complete 6 hours of continuing education annually as well as pay an annual fee to continue using the designation.
For additional information on AIF, please click here.
- Certified Investment Mangement Consultant, CIMC – designees have completed extensive course work and passed NASD proctored examinations for Levels I and II of the Institute for Certified Investment Management Consultants course, maintained by the Investment Management Consultant Association (IMCA). Study includes topics such as asset allocation, modern portfolio management, portfolio performance measurement and ethics. CIMCs must must also meet the Institute’s requirements concerning experience in consulting and managing accounts, adhere to its Code of Ethics, complete 40 hours of continuing education every 2 years and pay an annual fee to continue using the designation.
For additional information on CIMC, please click here.
- Chartered Retirement Plan Specialist, CRPS – this is a professional designation awarded by the College for Financial Planning to individuals who specialize in creating, implementing and maintaining retirement plans as well as related fiduciary issues for businesses. They must pass an exam demonstrating their expertise. The CRPS program is a case-study based, client centered problem-solving approach. The study program to become a CRPS covers types and characteristics of retirement plans, including IRAs, small business retirement plans, defined contribution plans, 401(k) and nonprofit and government plans. Every two year CRPS professionals must complete 16 hours of continuing education and pay a fee to continue using the designation.
For additional information on CRPS, please click here.
- Registered Fiduciary, RF – The Registered Fiduciary certification identifies financial professionals and organizations as competent fiduciaries that have achieved pertinent educational qualifications and licenses, learned required skills and have passed a background check. An active Registered Fiduciary certification indicates the holder is trained to comply with the regulatory requirements of acting as a fiduciary under current laws. The Registered Fiduciary certification is continuously being updated to reflect the most recent regulatory, marketplace and technology changes. This fiduciary standard distinguishes Registered Fiduciary professionals as willing to take responsibility for the advice and investment management provided. All valid designees are listed in the Fiduciary Registry at www.FiduciaryRegistry.com.
For additional information on RF, please click here.
- Certified Fund Specialist, CFS – a certification indicating an individual’s expertise in mutual funds and the mutual fund industry. These individuals advise clients on which mutual funds best suit their particular needs. This is the oldest designation in the mutual fund industry. Training is provided by the Institute of Business & Finance. Topics of study include portfolio theory, investment strategies and annuities. The exam testing candidate’s knowledge is administered by the National Association of Securities Dealers.